52A Tours: Terms and Conditions:
Please read these conditions, they are here to help you.
- All Seats on 52A Tours' charters are reserved and must be paid for in advance of the tour date. If your payment has not cleared within 28
days of the tour running, your booking will be void.
- Child fares are available to all persons aged Under 16 on the date of booking.
- 52A Tours will do their utmost to ensure the advertised traction on the times and dates stated. We reserve the right to alter the itinerary at any time, and as such, no liability is accepted for any change.
- The timings shown on the website and literature are for guidance only. The actual timings will be sent to with your travel tickets once we are advised by the operator.
- 52A Tours, in conjunction with the TOC (Train Operating Company) will endeavour to run the train as planned, however we cannot accept responsibility for any problems out of our control. 52A Tours will not accept responsibility for delays, mishaps or alterations or curtailment of the tour arising from situations outside our control. Should the tour be cancelled by 52A Tours before the advertised date of departure, then a full refund will be issued.
- If booking a hotel to travel on a charter promoted by 52A Tours, it is the responsibility of the customer to ensure your hotel booking is flexible, and can be cancelled or amended without additional charge.
- Private travel insurance is strongly recommended, as on all long distance journeys.
- If you have any complaints while on a 52A Tours train, please raise the matter with the tour manager, the officer in charge of the train or the train guard, and we will do our best to resolve the problem amicably, and wherever possible immediately.
- Passengers are responsible for their personal belongings on the train, and 52A Tours cannot accept any responsibility for loss or damage of your personal property. If you leave your property on the train, 52A Tours will endeavour to find and forward your lost property by post, a delivery fee may be charged.
- Any passenger found to be damaging the train, using abusive behaviour, drunkenness or disturbing other passengers will reported to the British Transport Police and the TOC, and will be removed at the next available station.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the train, including vestibule ends, toilets and windows. Anyone caught smoking will be reported to the British Transport Police.
- We regret we cannot convey bicycles on our trains.
- We reserve the right to change/amend the date of any tour within an acceptable timescale of 3 months. 52A Tours will endevour to provide the locomotive that is advertised for a charter, however we cannot accept liability for any motive power changes up to the departure date of a charter.
- 52A Tours are unable to accommodate motorised/mobility/electric scooters on SRPS stock due to space limitations. We can only accept manual, folding wheelchairs. If you are disabled, or have limited mobility, please ring us in advance, and tick the box on the booking form. If possible, we will contact you the day before the tour to arrange the correct position on the platform for ease of boarding. If required, one of our stewards will be able to help you on-board.
- Dogs: If it is imperative that a dog must accompany you, please contact us first before booking.
- The name '52A Tours', and logo are protected by copyright. A full version of all protected wording, terms, marketing and advertising of a 52A Tours charter, including all unique aspects of this and future tours, is available on request.
- 52A Tours reserves the right to cancel a reservation at anytime, and will offer a full refund.
- On occasion, we will accept post-dated cheques for ticket payment - please contact us first for further details.
- Your booking is taken as constituting acceptance of these conditions.
Customer cancellation or alteration to a booking:
52A Tours will offer a full refund up to 28 days before the booked tour date, 50% refund between 28 -15 days, and no refund if cancelled 14 days before the tour date. We reserve the right to charge a £10 administration fee on all refunds. (If the refund application is due to a medical reason, with proof, we will use our discretion to give full refunds up to 14 days before the tour).